The repair and restoration project at St Edward’s Church, Clifford, including the essential replacement stone and structural repairs in the tower are complete with the tower now revealed in all its glory! To commemorate this and to celebrate 175 years of the Church of St Edward, King and Confessor, a reprint of ‘Chronicles of a Wharfedale Parish’ by Hildebrand Lane Fox is now available for £5 + postage (proceeds to the Restoration Fund).
The book was originally published in 1909. The new edition contains an updated Foreword, written by Parish Priest, Fr Sean Molloy, and new colour pictures taken by parishioner Gina Marks, who has done much in recent years to research the church’s history and helped in the successful application to Historic England to have St Edward’s heritage listing upgraded to Grade II*.
To purchase a copy please contact David Green by email email@example.com or mobile 07522 984117.