A pupil from St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School Leeds is a finalist in the election to be the 19th Children’s Mayor of Leeds!
Shanelle in Year 6 is one of the 12 finalists – and the only one from a Catholic school.
Head Teacher Claire Grady said, ‘This is a fantastic achievement! We are very proud of Shanelle’s manifesto which is rooted in improving mental health services for young people in Leeds.’
Shanelle would really appreciate your vote; it’s a simple process and you only need a valid email for verification, so please VOTE SHANELLE! by following the link below:
Hurry! Voting closes at 5pm on Monday 26 September 2022.
You can read Shanelle’s full manifesto here:VOTE SHANELLE for Leeds Children's Mayor
The rules and how to vote::
- Voting is only open to people aged 18 or under who live or go to school in Leeds
- Read the manifestos from the twelve finalists at www.leeds.gov.uk/childrensmayor
- Use the form below the manifestos or vote for TWO candidates via https://tinyurl.com/LCM2022VOTE to vote for Shanelle – plus one other finalist who you think will help to make Leeds an even better city for children and young people.
- You can only cast your votes once
- You must leave a valid email address to vote. (If you do not have your own email address you can ask to use one belonging to your parent or carer.)
- Voting closes at 5pm on Monday 26 September 2022
(Twitter users of any age, please also retweet @stpatricksleeds …)