Access & Opening Hours
The Leeds Diocesan Archives are housed at Hinsley Hall, the Diocesan Pastoral Centre in Leeds.
For details of the location of Hinsley Hall and public transport services in the area please go to www.hinsley-hall.co.uk
There is a large car park in the grounds of Hinsley Hall.
The Archives are open to researchers only by prior arrangement.
Visitors are required to make an appointment in advance, preferably by e-mail.
The Archives are open on 2 days per week. For details about current opening hours please contact the Diocesan Archivist. (Please note we are not open at weekends).
Contact the Archives
The archives may be contacted in the following ways
Our postal address is:
Leeds Diocesan Archives
62 Headingley Lane
Telephone number: (0113) 261 8031
Fax number: (0113) 261 8035
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
From our Archives and Heritage
The plan shows the location of the first Cathedral Church of St Anne (built in 1838) which stood at the junction of Cookridge Street and Guildford Street (now The Headrow) and the site of its replacement, outlined in red.
The Foundation Stone of the new Cathedral was laid on the Feast of Ss Joachim & Anne, 26 July 1902. It now forms part of the War Memorial Chapel on the north side of the Cathedral.
An early postcard view of the new Leeds Cathedral, which was officially opened on 16 June 1904. The Consecration took place on 18 July 1924. The interior of the Cathedral was re-ordered in 1963 (during the Second Vatican Council) and most recently in 2006.