Heritage Open Days is a nationwide event running from 8-17 September.
It’s an opportunity to see inside buildings that are often closed to visitors, or whose openings are limited. Also it can be a chance to learn more about a familiar and much-loved building.
In particular, Saturday 16 September is designated as Yorkshire Churches Day, promoted by the Yorkshire Historic Churches Trust.
In the Diocese of Leeds several places are hosting HODs and Yorkshire Churches Day events including:
- Leeds Cathedral – guided tours on 9 & 12 September. More details at https://www.dioceseofleeds.org.uk/cathedral/news/
- Hinsley Hall, Headingley – guided tours on 14 September – for more information phone 0113 261 8000
- St Joseph’s Church, Howden open to visitors on 16 September from 10.00am to 4.00pm
- St Joseph’s Church, Bradford – open on 16 September from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- St Cuthbert’s Church, Bradford – open on 16 September from 11.00am to 5.00pm, with Vigil Mass at 5.30pm.
- St Stephen’s Church, Skipton – open on 16 September from 10.00am to 4.00pm