The Diocese of Leeds and the Vicariate for Education wish to appoint a practising Catholic to promote and implement the Bishop’s vision for Catholic Education within the Diocese. Please contact Liam Dowds, on 01737 652043 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. Closing date: Monday 6 June 2022 at 12 noon. Further details available below:
Director of Education – Diocese of Leeds
Salary: £80,000 – £120,000 + TPS for an exceptional candidate + Relocation support
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: Negotiable
This is an exciting time in the life of the Diocese of Leeds and the Vicariate for Education. Bishop Marcus Stock has
set out clearly his vision for Catholic education for the 82 primary, 11 secondary, 1 sixth-form college and 1 non-maintained specialist, Catholic schools within the Diocese of Leeds.
At the core of this vision is the development of five family groups of schools built around the main geographical
areas within the Diocese. Most diocesan schools are already incorporated within the five Catholic Multi Academy
Trusts. It is the Bishop’s wish for the remaining VA schools within each family group to join their respective local
CMAT in due course.
At a pivotal time in Catholic education within the Diocese, Bishop Marcus is calling for a visionary Director of
Education who, along with a capable and committed education team, will help realise the enormous potential within
a forward-thinking diocesan family of schools working in solidarity with one another.
As Director of Education, you will:
• Promote and implement the Bishop’s vision for Catholic education within the Diocese
• Build capacity, trust and good relationships within the diocesan family of schools; encouraging collaboration to
develop and sustain school improvement, and raise aspirations
• Confidently and enthusiastically articulate the role of Catholic education in the mission of the Church and be an
effective witness to it
We are looking for someone who has:
• Extensive leadership experience in an education context, whether as a senior school leader, governor or local
• A strong grasp of current educational issues (including CMATs’ evolving role within the parish, diocese and local
• Excellent leadership and management skills – the ability to communicate a clear vision, win trust, influence and
respect and bring people with you
• A deep knowledge and understanding of Catholic education as structured in this country
Now is a moment of real opportunity within the educational and Catholic life of the Diocese, which makes this post an extremely attractive and rewarding career opportunity.
A requirement of the post is that applicants must be practising Catholics.
• Closing: Monday 6 June at 12 Noon
• Interviews: Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 June
For an initial informal chat (in complete confidence) please call Liam Dowds, our Emmaus Advising Consultant, on
01737 652 043 or email him at email@example.com in the first instance.
The Diocese of Leeds is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. DBS check required.