A message from Catholic Care – March 2023
Would you like to join our team of Catholic Care Parish Representatives?
Help us to promote the work of Catholic Care and engage with your parishioners to find out how Catholic Care can support your parish. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.catholic-care,org,uk for more details.
Catholic Care Parish Representatives – Information
Linking faith and action
Our vision is for Catholic Care Parish Representatives to be part of an integral network of people in the Diocese of Leeds, supporting vital services and people in need. Parish representatives are building a bridge between each parish and Catholic Care to ensure:
- Regular contact is maintained between your Parish and Catholic Care
- Your Parish is fully aware of what Catholic Care are doing in the Diocese of Leeds
- Catholic Care can support the needs of your Parish and its outreach work
- Opportunities for voluntary work are promoted
What will I do as a Catholic Care Parish Representative?
Parish Representatives help promote the charitable work of Catholic Care. Here are some ideas of how you can help promote our work in your parish:
- Keep your Parish and community informed of Catholic Care news and events
- Arrange for one of our staff or volunteers to visit your Parish or local school to speak about our work.
- Help raise awareness and support our appeals and campaigns.
- Engage with parishioners to find what services we could provide for them.
We do not normally require a DBS check for our Parish representatives, but we will ask that you obtain the consent of your Parish Priest.
How to become a Catholic Care Parish Representative
If you would like to become a Catholic Care Parish Representative, please first obtain the consent of your Parish Priest then:
Please contact Michelle Vink to express your interest of becoming a Catholic Care Parish Representative.