The Catholic Church across Yorkshire's historic West Riding since 1878

The Catholic Church across Yorkshire's historic West Riding since 1878

Cathedral Consecration Centenary 2024

The building of the Cathedral Church of St Anne was completed in the spring of 1904 and the official opening took place on 16 June 1904.

The Cathedral was consecrated twenty years later, on 18 July 1924, in a ceremony led by the Third Bishop of Leeds, the Rt Rev Joseph Robert Cowgill.

The Centenary of the Consecration will be celebrated in July 2024 and details of the centenary events at the Cathedral will appear here in due course.